If you haven’t seen a bit of Pawn,
then you are missing out.
Everyone loves a bit of Pawn and now you can get yours in Melbourne. Opening this year is my favourite new night spot: Pawn and Co in Chapel St.
Boasting huge secret doors, the entrance is a tricky and confusing contraption. Immediately once you arrive into Pawn and Co, your eyes meet glass cabinets, inside these cabinets are individually priced crystal glasses. As the lights are low and you head towards the piano bar. Coming into contact with the bartenders, who also fit the part with their bow ties and suspenders. And if you’re lucky enough you can pay for your cocktail with a golden key.
My favourite spot in Pawn and Co, is getting to sit on the front porch, as you are surrounded with all types of items and price tags. I can never get past the set of 12 walking stick handrails for a couple of thousand. We always sit on the retro red bar stools and look though the bi-fold windows onto the street. From this point you can hear the DJ dropping dirty old school beats. Reminiscing immediately on my youth, the addition of a strong underlying house beat get my feet moving.
If conversation isn’t your fortay, you’ve got plenty to feast your eyes on. Everything comes with a price tag and it is also a bargaining point. What more would your first date want than a shiny new grail? Or what about the stuffed white kangaroo? It is the perfect place to shop.
Whether you are heading to Pawn and Co for a meal; a dance, or a drink, it has it all. And best of all it is open into the wee hours of the morning. For whatever reason you come, Pawn and Co will make your night.
Things I j’adore about Pawn and Co:
- The eclectic taste of the decor – from the DJ booth in the old piano, to leafy grass walls.
- The ‘smokers’ room keeps all the cool people in their own area.
- The secret entrance, makes you feel like you have walked into a 1920s American underground nightclub.
- The owners, as they are always bouncing around in their funky suits and shirts. Immediately you feel at home.
- The mix of American style meatballs and classy cocktails.
- The Chapel St frontage, always a good spot for people watching.
- The DJ piano that drops some classic beats.
If you feel like a night with Pawn and Co, make sure you get there early to avoid the queue.
For bookings: email@example.com or visit the website: http://www.pawnandco.com.au
“Pawn the life you live”
You must be logged in to post a comment.